AL LA CARTE:
In-House Birth Boot Camp Natural Childbirth Education Course: $350 to non-patients; included free for patients of The Journey Birth Services (qualifying you for a $200 discount if present all 7 classes in the course; offered 3X per year so register early to ensure completion before your due month):
- 7-week Comprehensive Natural Childbirth Education Course. BBC prepares couples for the BEST births—we truly see the couples who take this course have the smoothest, most peaceful births. It is also a great opportunity to build a relationship with one of our main birth assistants as the instructor is also a birth assistant, as well as get to know other home birthing couples.
- This is the BEST Childbirth Education Course we have seen! Highly recommended, ESPECIALLY if this is your first natural birth or your first home birth.
- BirthBootCamp.com for more information
Early Gender Detection Blood Test: $95 (free with Lux package)
Birth Doula Services: $850 (included free with Lux package)
Placenta Encapsulation: $175 (or $125 for those purchasing Lux package)
Equipment and Medications
Though the need for any medical intervention or use of medication is extremely minimal, we come to every birth prepared with the following equipment and medications:
- fetal doppler
- blood pressure cuff and stethoscope
- amniotomy supplies
- catheterization supplies
- sterile suturing equipment
- medications to control excessive bleeding or hemorrhage
- medical charts and records
- neonatal stethoscope
- baby resuscitation equipment
- oxygen tank and supplies
- baby scale
- pulse oximeter (tests newborn for congenital heart defects or disease)
- sterile birth supplies (hemostat, clamp, scissors)
- birth pool (if desired)
- IV fluid and sterile IV supplies (the need for IV therapy at a home birth, however, is rare).
- In addition, families order our custom birth kit with disposable and supplies to keep everything clean (chux pads, footprint kit, birth pool liner, baby hat, bulb syringe, etc.), and provide a basic list of home supplies (towels, disinfectant wipes, baby blankets, etc.).